A holiday destination to visit with family is an important decision, and many people often struggle to choose the perfect location. With such vast possibilities, it can be difficult to pick out one place to make your home for the next few weeks.
When traveling, you want to go where your family has never been. Traveling can be expensive, whether it’s a new city, a country, or even a new continent. But you don’t have to break the bank when visiting a new destination.
There are plenty of budget-friendly places to visit, but India is slightly different. Not only is the country filled with a lot of history and culture, but it also has some awesome tourist spots.
India is an exciting place to travel, as you can see some of the greatest monuments in the world for free. It is an ideal destination for families, offering everything from adventure and excitement to relaxation, culture, history, and food. But what if you want to save money while traveling through India? Where are the best places to spend a family vacation on a budget?
India’s top tourist destinations for families
When you think of the word “budget” in India, you might think of food. While food is cheaper than in the United States, eating daily’s not cheap enough.
That’s why you need to ensure that your trip includes fun and affordable things.
While there are many things to do in India, we’ve found that the best spots are located in the country’s north and east.
Here are some of our favorite family vacation destinations in India:
Cheap family vacations in India
India is a big place, so you can visit plenty of tourist spots without spending a fortune. Here are some of my favorite budget-friendly options:
1. Go to a beach in Kerala
Kerala is a huge state with some amazing beaches. You can enjoy the golden sand on a trip to the Kerala backwaters.
You can stay at the Bhoomika Backwater Resort, an amazing place.
2. Explore the Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal is a beautiful monument that has inspired thousands of artists and musicians.
3. Visit the Kodagu Hills
The Kodagu Hills are home to some of the most beautiful temples in India.
4. Travel to the Mysore Palace
Visit the Mysore Palace to see some of India’s best art and architecture.
5. Explore the Taj Walks
There are hundreds of Taj Walks all over India, but the Taj Walks in Mysore are among the most famous.
6. See the Kerala backwaters
The Kerala backwaters are one of the most beautiful destinations in India.
7. Go to Ramanujan Math Park
This park has an amazing collection of mathematical and scientific curiosities.
8. Enjoy the Tirupati Balaji Temple
This temple is a pilgrimage site for thousands of Hindu pilgrims.
9. See the Chikmagalur Fort
This fort is one of the oldest in India and home to a fascinating story.
10. See the Hampi Ruins
Hampi is the oldest capital of the Kannada language and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
11. Explore the Mysore Zoo
Mysore is one of the best cities to explore for a great zoo.
12. Visit Nandi Hills
You can see one of the tallest statues of Lord Shiva in the Nandi Hills.
How to plan a family vacation
If you plan on visiting India, you’ve got many options for getting around.
Things to do in India for kid
While you might have to cut back on some things, you don’t have to sacrifice your family’s fun. Here are a few family vacation destinations that you can enjoy in India.
1. Go to a zoo
2. See the Taj Mahal
3. See the Golden Temple
4. See the wildlife at the Gir Forest
5. Explore the temples and caves of South India
6. Visit the home of Mahatma Gandhi
7. Visit the beaches of Goa
8. See the wildlife of Kerala
9. See the temples of Andhra Pradesh
10. Visit the wildlife of Karnataka
11. Visit the wildlife of Maharashtra
12. Go to the beach
13. Explore the wildlife of Rajasthan
14. Visit the wildlife of Tamil Nadu
15. Visit the wildlife of Telangana
16. Visit the wildlife of West Bengal
17. Visit the wildlife of Odisha
18. Visit the wildlife of Uttar Pradesh
19. Visit the wildlife of Uttarakhand
20. See the wildlife of Punjab
21. Visit the wildlife of Himachal Pradesh
22. See the wildlife of Haryana
23. Visit the wildlife of Jammu and Kashmir
24. Visit the wildlife of Ladakh
25. Visit the wildlife of Sikkim
26. Go to the temple of Varanasi
27. See the wildlife of Assam
28. Visit the wildlife of Mizoram
29. See the wildlife of Nagaland
30. See the wildlife of Manipur
31. Visit the wildlife of Arunachal Pradesh
32. See the wildlife of Tripura
33. See the wildlife of Meghalaya
34. See the wildlife of Nagaland
35. See the wildlife of Mizoram
36. Visit the wildlife of Meghalaya
37. Visit the wildlife of Sikkim
38. See the wildlife of Arunachal Pradesh
39. See the wildlife of Nagaland
40. See the wildlife of Manipur
41. Visit the wildlife of Nagaland
Frequently asked questions about vacation.
Q: Where is the cheapest place for families to go on vacation?
A: It depends on your family size, but my favorite place to visit as a family would be Goa in India. There are beautiful beaches and places where you can stay on the cheap. This is great for those who want to take their kids on a vacation without spending an arm and a leg!
Q: Do you prefer family vacations to romantic vacations?
A: Absolutely. I feel like you learn so much from traveling with your family. You develop a sense of responsibility towards your parents and learn how to communicate with them. When you’re alone, you don’t know what to say or do if something goes wrong.
Q: What tips can you give families planning a vacation?
A: For any family vacation, try to make it memorable by taking pictures and ensuring everyone has fun.
Top Myths about Vacation
1. It’s too hot to travel there.
2. You’ll get sick at the beach.
3. The beaches are polluted with sewage and garbage.
4. There are too many mosquitoes.
My family and I recently went on a trip to India. We stayed at a resort for two weeks. We paid $300 per person per week for lodging, food, activities, etc.
We were not rich, but we did not need to be rich to have a wonderful vacation. This is what I learned from our trip:
1. A lot of places are cheaper than you might think.
2. If you are traveling with kids, you can often find discounts.
3. You don’t have to spend much money to have fun.
4. Most people speak English.
5. It’s possible to stay on a beach, visit local markets, and eat amazing food.